If you’re hosting an outdoor party or just want to relax in the backyard with friends and family, you might want to set up a TV out there. The question you’ll face next is how to set it up—and that’s where the trouble begins! There are many different types of TV mounts, and the thought of setting up your own may seem overwhelming if you’ve never done it before. However, with the right information, you can quickly and easily get a TV set up in your backyard and start watching that great show or game outside!
How to Set up TV in the Backyard
The Benefits of Having a TV Outside
Having an outdoor TV set up has various benefits, including the following:
- Provides a place for family and friends to come together.
- Allows you to watch your favorite programs outside without getting wet or hot.
- Gives you an excuse to have a backyard party!
The Different Types of Outdoor TVs
There are many different types of outdoor TVs available that can be used outside.
The most popular TV types are:
- ceiling mounted tv
- tower mount tv
- projection screen
Each type has its own pros and cons so it’s important to know the differences. Ceiling mounts are a good option for people who need a TV that is as low profile as possible. They’re also easy to install and offer great picture quality with minimal glare.
Tower mounts are perfect if you want your TV to stand out. These TVs have a sleek design and allow for TV installation on decks or patios.
Projection screens offer an immersive viewing experience that looks like you’re watching a movie on the big screen. These TV installations look best when mounted high above ground level. They do require more work when setting them up but they provide the best results!
Tips for Choosing the Right Outdoor TV
Choosing the right TV for your outdoor space is a daunting task. There are many factors to consider when choosing the right TV including size, screen type, and mounting. Here are some tips on how to choose the right outdoor TV:
1) Consider the size of your space. Larger TVs offer more viewing area and more channels while smaller TVs can be less expensive and work well with spaces that have limited space or low ceilings. For example, an LCD TV will not provide as good picture quality as an OLED TV if you put it close to a wall.
2) Understand the difference between plasma and LCD screens.
3) Determine whether you want a fixed installation or one that swivels (outdoor TV stand).
4) Choose between indoor-only or all-weather models. All-weather models are designed to withstand rain, snow, wind and other adverse weather conditions.
Some outdoor TV installations require professional help. A great way to find a TV installer is through word of mouth. Speak to friends, family members, or neighbors about their experiences with hiring professionals for TV installations. Hiring a professional TV installation and mounting company may cost more but ensures you get the most out of your new TV setup!
How to Mount an Outdoor TV
The first step to mount an outdoor TV is to
- Purchase a wall mount for your television.
- Choose a location for the TV.
- Use a stud finder and mark any studs you come across with chalk.
- Mark the height on your wall where you want your tv mounted and make sure it is at least 8 inches from any window or door frame.
It’s important to keep in mind that the above list includes a few basic steps to mounting a TV. We highly suggest that you hire a TV installation service that specializes in outdoor TV set up and wall mounting.
If you’re in Naples, Estero, Ft. Myers, or Bonita Springs, Florida, Gulf Coast Installs can help. We specialize in TV installation and wall mounting. Not to mention, we can even assist with choosing a TV that would be best for outdoor areas.
Hiring a Professional TV Installation and Mounting Company
It can be difficult to set up a TV outdoors, but it doesn’t have to be! The best thing you can do is hire a professional TV installation and mounting company. They will know how to handle any situation, whether it’s setting up the TV on a stand, or hanging it from the ceiling. Plus they’ll know exactly what parts and tools are needed to get your TV outside and ready for some football or happy hour.
At Gulf Coast Installations, we’ve been mounting big TVs indoors and outdoors for over 15 years. We proudly serve Naples, Bonita Springs, Ft. Myers, and Estero, Florida. Call today for a free estimate, (239)-682-1077.